Tasting Room & Gift Store
Our Tasting Room & Gift Store is housed in the original 17th century post and beam barn, built on the property years ago for the purpose of housing the cattle. Refurbished into a quintessential New England store with lots of nooks and crannies where you will find a variety of NH trinkets and treasures like aromatic goat milk soap, delicious spices and seasonings, sweet honey sticks, cheeseboards and more. Following tradition with the core of our business, you will laugh at cocktail napkins with comedic wine quotes, impress your party guests with wine charms or specially shaped ice cubes, hone your wine knowledge with educational games, cook with flair following recipes from our Cooking with Moonshine book or find the perfect new Flag Hill flask, wine bottle opener or stopper as a gift for the friend who has it all. Try some of delicious infused olive oils, made by our executive chef – Herbed, Garlic or Fra Diavlo – they are all a treat to the senses!
Located inside the Tasting Room & Gift Store is our Tasting Bar. This is the place you want to belly up to when you first come in to try up to 6 of our fantastic Flag Hill products to find your favorites. Reservations are not needed to enjoy tasting (though a valid ID is). We enjoy having fun and helping everyone to experience a little taste of NH – there’s no need to have any knowledge of wine, our philosophy on enjoying wine is simple: Try it. If you like it, it’s good wine for you. If you don’t, try another one.
We have a great variety of products: sweet, dry and in between; red, white, fruit, dessert and port wines; spirits and liqueurs for sipping, stirring, shaking and savoring. For a full list of our products, see the “Wines & Spirits” section.
What to expect if you would like to enjoy a Tasting at Flag Hill
- For those guests 40 or under or blessed with the touch of the youthful look, please be sure to have your ID with you. You will be asked to show valid ID for proof of age.
- We do not start new tastings after 4:30pm, please plan to arrive no later than 4:30 to start a tasting.
- Approach the tasting bar where/when space is available for you/your group. If you would like to participate in a tasting, you will be asked to purchase a souvenir Flag Hill wine glass for $5. For groups of more than 4 we ask that as much as possible individual payments are done in cash OR as 1 credit card transaction for all participating for a smoother transaction.
- Each guest at the tasting bar will receive a list of our wines and spirits and a pencil. We will invite you to choose up to 6 products that you would like to try. Wines are poured as 1 ounce samples, spirits are poured as .5 ounce samples. You will also receive a small cup of oyster style crackers to assist your palate with tasting the products.
- When you are finished with your tasting, we invite you to browse the gift store. At this point you may choose to keep your souvenir wine glass to take home or with the purchase of at least 1 bottle of wine or spirit you may return your wine glass for a $5 credit on your purchase.
- Please note: Only 1 wine glass credit per person per day. To receive credit, the wine glass must have been purchased for tasting on the same day (no outside glasses from home may be brought in to use for tasting or for purchase credits).
- Already think you know what you want, but perhaps just need to decide between 1 or 2 wines? The staff will be happy to pour a maximum of 2 tastes into a tasting cup for you to decide. If the tasting bar is full with regular tasters, please just approach the check-out line/cash register area and we can assist you.
If the Tasting Bar is full, we encourage you to take a peek around the Gift Store while awaiting an empty spot, or on a nice day, perhaps a walk on the grounds to peruse through the largest vineyard in NH, snap a few pictures or even bring a picnic and blanket with you. We encourage those looking to stroll the grounds to check out the Public Events Calendar, which also lists the time that the outside grounds on the property (including vineyard access) will close each day due to private events (but does not affect the open store times). Trying to come at a quieter time; while we can never exactly predict the traffic flow of the day, the following times tend to be the most busy: Fridays, 3:30-5; Saturdays, 1:00 – 4:00; Sundays 2:00 – 4:30.
January through April is a great time to visit Flag Hill anytime during our open hours as the foot traffic tends to be a little lighter and the tastes of our wines and spirits combined with the smiles of our staff will warm the winter blues away!